17 January, 2009

Goodies Incoming

\With my baggage finally making its way to my room, I have the time and the motivation to actually post some updates.  Nothing like freeing up 30 minutes or more per day (not to mention the time spent traversing downtown to shop for new clothes...) to get your writing schedule freed up.

This is an oldie but a goodie- here's some Kansai-ben that's been around so long that even I learned it 4 years ago!  I asked a Japanese guy at a local bar to teach me some slang, and he sprung out 何でやね (nan de ya ne)!It's basically "what the fuck?", after someone says something you wish they hadn't.  This is one of those words that has numerous applications.  It's usually accompanied by the following motion:


Lastly, and perhaps most terrifyingly, I finally have my tiny little bike.  I might look like I stole a 12 year old's bike or I'm escaping from the midgit clown circus, but damn if it doesn't fold up and stash well in my げんかん.  You'll see what I mean when I get some pictures up.

That reminds me- more pictures will be on here soon (I promise) once I get a Micro SD card and size converter from an electronics shop.  There's tons of pictures I've been storing up, and it's not fair only me and my phone get to enjoy them.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about our experiences? Well, let us know.